Book the Butterfly Quilt or Contact Lura for more information

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

January Jaunts







What's up for January trips? Where is the quilt appearing? Four regional engagements. Three hundred people to be reached.

1. I will travel to Sisters, Oregon to speak at the Episcopal Church on January 10-11. An eclectic group of Protestant and Catholic women will create vision of peace postcards after I share the quilt's story.

2. I will visit Granddaughter Maggie's first grade class taught by Mrs. Noll at Pinebrook Elementary in Bend, Oregon. The Pierce Family(John, Maggie, and I) will share peacemaking visions with six-year-olds. We'll create cards for Oprah. Maggie's major line has already been memorized for three months: "Meet Me at the Peace Park."

3. I will preach in Kent, Washington at First Presbyterian Church on MLK, Jr. Weekend. Title of the Sermon: "You Have to be Carefully Taught...to be Peacemakers." This most diverse community in the area provides opportunity to highlight reasons by MLK, Jr. won the peace prize and more. The children's sermon will be timely when I share actual postcards from Maggie's class before mailing them to Oprah.

4. I will meet with Charlie Lewis's Mission and Justice Group in Snohomish, Washington to "talk peace" and inspire action on January 18, the birthday of MLK, Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog